Rapidly increasing number of majors, degrees, and certificates
A basic list worked well for a while, but as more are added, the list was getting too long.
- decision paralysis – too many options to choose from
- no way to filter or sort by type or topic
- user has to expand each item to read a short description
- UX testing showed users needed more info to sort through prospective majors or certificates
- Learn more buttons take you off the main website creating confusion
Create a new Drupal content type that users can filter, sort, and explore all of the options ACES has to offer.
- Project Management
- UI Design
- WCAG Compliance
- User Experience Design and Research
Drupal content type
- Adobe XD
- Optimal Workshops Testing
Prospective students and parents
- Drupal developer
- Content strategist
- UX Lunch Club members
Use internal classification for courses or more user-friendly descriptions?
Solution: The jury is still out.
Narrowing and finding the right topics to use for our vast array of majors and certificates proved interesting.
Solution: User testing with optimal workshop software
- Business, Economics, Policy and Law
- Data and Technology
- Food Systems
- Health and Nutrition
- Leadership, Communication and Education
- People, Communities, and Families
- Plants and Crops
- Sustainability and Environmental Sciences
Editing and Sorting Cards
Extend content type to multiple views
No need to duplicate content and editing time.
Solution: Create multiple views using the same data.